In the state of California, thousands of drivers and passengers are injured in car accidents each year. Many of these people are lucky and fully recover from their injuries; however, others are left with permanent disability or pain. If you have been injured in a car accident, it is essential to seek the help of an experienced California personal injury attorney as soon as possible.
Many injuries can occur in an accident; however, certain types are more common than others in car accidents. Here are the seven most common injuries:
- Brain and head injuries: These injuries can cause both external and internal damage, for example, damage to the brain.
- Neck Injuries: The head is heavy, and a sudden jolt can lead to whiplash or neck strain.
- Spinal Cord Injuries:These injuries can take a while to appear, but the results can be painful and expensive to treat. Some examples include disc injury, fracture, sprain, strain, and lumbar spine injuries.
- Back Injuries:One problem with back injuries is that they may not be noticed immediately but develop later.
- Facial Injuries: Facial injuries quickly occur when the person hits objects such as the steering wheel, dashboard, airbags, windshield, side window glass, car seats, and interior equipment. Common facial injuries include bruises, scrapes, cuts, bruises, and damage to the teeth or jaw.
- Internal Injuries:The sudden impact and forces involved in a car accident can damage internal organs such as the spleen, liver, lungs, heart, aorta, intestines, or kidneys. Some of these injuries can be fatal and require immediate medical attention.
- Psychological Injuries: Mental and emotional trauma can affect every part of your life and can be long-lasting.
If you have been injured in a car accident due to someone else’s negligence, call us, and we will help you ensure that your legal rights are protected.